My experience with audio interviews

I have had a lot of experience with conducting audio interviews throughout my college career so far. It really started to take off during the Fall 2016 semester, when I earned a spot on the Royal Purple sports staff. Since then, I’ve conducted a multitude of audio interviews for the variety of sports I have covered since joining the staff a year and a half ago. I’ve held audio interviews with many athletes from soccer, basketball, and football, women’s soccer head coach Ryan Quamme, women’s basketball head coach Keri Carollo, men’s head basketball coach Pat Miller, and softball head coach Brenda Volk.

I felt nervous doing my first audio interviews but have since become very comfortable with them. It’s become relatively easy for me to approach head coaches, especially after wins, even though it is sometimes still difficult for me to interview head coaches after losses. Most of the audio interviews I have conducted took place after games, although there have been some for features.

As far as the feature assignment for New Communication Technologies goes, I have already audio interviewed communications professor Amal Ibrahim about how NCTs have positive and negative effects in schools. Ibrahim teaches a variety of video production and TV reporting classes on-campus and has done so for many years. The interview with her went very well and she has had a lot of teaching experience throughout the years of how NCTs have transformed the classroom in good and bad ways. I’m still in the process of finding a second source for the other audio interview but I plan on having it being a friend of a friend, or something to that degree.