Hunters

“What does it mean to be a Hunter? I say, it’s all about where you belong. The Warlocks have their libraries, the Titans have their walls…But Hunters belong in the wilds.”
—Cayde-6 hunter vangaurd

D2_Hunter_concept_art

Hunters are type Guardians who use stealth and long ranged weapons to kill their enemies. Hunters know for being the lone wolf, mostly keep to themselves and use lightweight throwing knives and smoke to disorient their enemies, striking from the shadows. Warlocks have their bonds and Titans their sashes but you will always be able to tell a hunter apart with their distinct cloaks that provide a sense of mystery and excellent camouflage when they are in the wild. Hunters learned how to survive in the wild, assassinate their prey, and reclaim lost secrets of the Golden Age even before their were guardians. They are daring scouts and stealthy killers, experts with knives and precision weapons, they blaze their own trails and write their own laws. Though some fear them as being dangerous, their bravery  has saved many lives and led to many discoveries dating back to the Golden Age, without them we wouldn’t have been able to map out lost sectors or even some parts of the wilds at all, it is their efforts that have paved the way for others. I wanted to be one once, thought it was my calling, I always kept to myself in my youth and had a untamable curiosity for the world around me always out to discover things. It wasn’t until I came of age and enrolled in hunter training that I learned it wasn’t my path, and found my way as a warlock, however it gave me a deeper appreciation for all hunters do for the city. I have not forgotten the skills I learned during my time with he hunters, and I know warlocks are suppose to channel raw light but I still practice my throwing knife skills here and there when no one is looking.

Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You’re no outlaw – at least not any more – but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever.“- log 003 hunter

All Guardians have certain abilities, some of which are granted by the Traveler, others which may appear more mundane in nature, the hunters have mastered that of the gunslinger, arc stider and night stalker. Gunslingers strive for the perfect shot, using their light to summon a flaming revolver shooting solar energy equil to that of the sun.   “I’ll say it because Cayde never will. Gunslingers are elitists. Nothing but the best is good enough for their hands. And firepower isn’t enough. They demand elegance, as if there’s anything elegant about a gun. If they had their way, Golden Guns would be standard issue. What a universe that would be.”—Lord Shaxx

gunslinger-hunter-destiny_2-game-21616

Arc strider, Beautiful lethality, relentless style they Flow like lightning. Strike like thunder. they summon a staff infused with Arc energy, allowing them to impale and electrocute their enemies with vicious swings.

alex-jones-hunter-le-fin

Nightstalkers much like voidwalkers, draw from the Void to light the way, using a bow made from void energy they tether their foes with ruthless shadowshots. “Some of us know the difference a Fireteam makes. Some of us…we touch the Void. Make it a part of us. And then we take a name…Nightstalker. Hunt from the shadows, pin them down, never let them see you coming. “
—Cayde-6

nightstalker_img_right

No Comment