Wix: What We Know

Image result for Wix logo
What’s Up With Wix?

Painful alliteration aside, Wix is a website-building tool that’s meant to be fairly accessible for most users. Its base services are free of charge, and there’s a lot of features it offers, so let’s dig into them!

Features

Google Support

Wix has a built-in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tool called Wix SEO Wiz. While this sounds cool in theory, the Wix website claims it can’t be used for blogs, which is a very large portion of their market.

Wix Photography

This is pretty standard, but allows for compiling pictures into photo albums on your website. This can be done directly from your photo library (but the website specifically calls out Mac photo libraries, so I’m hoping there’s Windows support too).

Wix Video

They’re already losing points here for name creativity. That being said, this feature allows embedding and integrating most forms of video into your website. Again, a standard feature, but definitely still important.

Wix Chat

It’s pretty much what it sounds like. It allows the site owner to be notified when a visitor enters their site, and they can strike up a conversation. This sounds cool in theory, but I personally wouldn’t want someone contacting me while I’m just trying to browse through content, it’s a little off-putting.

There’s a large number of features I didn’t cover, but I’ll give it to them, Wix does cover a lot of bases when trying to develop a clean website from scratch. While many of them are standard, they are still important nonetheless. Stay tuned for a review of Wix.