Sep 25 2017

About

Published by

Shelters to the Rescue works to promote the effort and care that no-kill shelters exhibit daily. There isn’t enough credit given to shelters for what they do. Staff and volunteers provide love, attention, and care to animals that may have never seen that kind of affection or kindness. As the name suggests, these animals are being given a shelter. But it is so much more than that. Animals are being given a second chance at life. They have the ability to feel what real love from a person/owner is like. They don’t have to wonder when their next meal will come. They can feel safe and assured that better days are ahead of them.

I created this blog to showcase how far shelters will go for an animal in need, and the type of love they deserve. I hope by reading this blog you can appreciate shelters more and promote the mentality of adopting, not shopping.

A little bit about me…

I’m a senior at UW-Whitewater studying Public Relations and Advertising. One day, I hope to be working at a non-profit that focuses on either animals or a cancer foundation. I have a strong connection to no-kill shelters and non-profits, which only increased after I interned with Save-A-Pet in Grayslake, Illinois. Save-A-Pet is the largest no-kill animal shelter and adoption center in Lake County, Illinois. I loved being able to help them in any aspect I could. The staff and volunteers I worked with showed such passion for their work and made sure to show every animal the love it deserved. I cannot express enough how much I appreciated being a part of this type of organization.

No responses yet