Alcohol and Other Drug Peer Educators teach residents across campus about the importance of responsible alcohol use and the truth about drugs. These AODA Peer Educators also facilitate discussions during programs in the Residence Halls.

Meet one of the most senior AODA Peer Educator, Ally Beckum!

1959365_10152438942932749_6701821931768483387_n

Ally says, “I’m a Junior here at UW Whitewater. My major is Psychology and my minor is Criminal Justice. My ultimate career goal is to be a Substance Abuse Counselor in the prison system. I have been a part of this team for 3 years now. I am the only original member left. I chose to apply for the position because it looked like it could be a good way to involved; I had no idea it would lead me to discover what I want to do with my life. I have learned so many things from this. I am far from the  little Freshman who was terrified of public speaking. I can now speak in front of any size group with confidence, be a supportive listener/advice giver to my peers, and look at issues with a non judgmental point of view. I absolutely love being an AODA Peer Educator. It has opened up so many doors that I could never have anticipated.”

Thanks for all your hard work! Keep it up! To request an AODA program, visit http://reslife.uww.edu/aoda/index.php#tab4