Black Panther (soundtrack album)

On February 9th Kendrick Lamar and Top Dawg Entertainment released the official soundtrack to marvel’s Black Panther. Black Panther has 14 tracks with features including SZA, 2 Chainz, ScHoolboy Q, Khalid, Swae Lee, Vince Staples, Jorja Smith, SOB X RBE, Ab-Soul, Anderson .Paak, James Blake, Future, Jay Rock, Zacari, Travis Scott, and The Weeknd. This album was nothing less that satisfying. When I listened to the album on the night of release I was so excited and rightfully so. The first track opens up as a solo Kendrick Lamar song where he has this lonely desperate sound in his voice similar to his intro on his previous album DAMN. which I found really cool that Kendrick is able to make these connections to his album DAMN. a few of these connections include the song X on Black panther which is a tribute to the song XXX. on DAMN, another connection is the song on Black Panther titled Pray for me which is a tribute to the phrase “aint nobody prayin’ for me” on his last album DAMN. Overall I thought that this album was really well put together and flowed well. It was really refreshing to see familiar features like ScHoolboyQ, Vince Staples, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul, and Zacari, but was also really nice to see new faces in Khalid, SOB X RBE, and Jorja Smith. If you like rap I think this soundtrack album is a must listen!