Hi everyone! For my final blog I decided to do another fun recipe that I am eating all the time when I’m on keto. Hopefully, you’ve learned a thing or two about keto if you’ve been following along with this blog, and I’ve learned a lot by doing the research, checking the literature, and coming up with practical anecdotal experiences to help you along the way. I consider making and eating this dish a treat, and I think we all deserve a treat after a long, rewarding semester. Here’s what you’ll need:

• 1 bag (12 oz) frozen cauliflower or riced cauliflower
  • 1 block (8 oz) of Cream Cheese
  • 2 oz shredded cheese, preferably cheddar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 cup pork rinds (optional)

To start this recipe, you will want to oil the bottom of a frying pan, place the frozen cauliflower in the pan, and heat on medium heat. Once the pan reaches the desired temperature, place the block of cream cheese in the pan with the cauliflower. You want to cook the cauliflower until it is el dente, and the cream cheese will mix in as it is heated up.

When the cream cheese is thoroughly mixed in with the cauliflower, you will season it with the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mix everything to incorporate the seasonings, and top it with the shredded cheese. I don’t stir this cheese in; instead I let it sit on the top so it forms a sort of crust. After that, I crush up the pork rinds and sprinkle that on top of the dish to imitate the idea of bread crumbs. It’s delicious and I love it, but you don’t have to do this part if you don’t want to.

This mac and cheese-substitute is the best one that I’ve tried yet, and I came across it just being creative with what I had in the fridge that night. There really are some delicious sides and meals that you can eat on this diet, and with a little bit of creativity and knowing the foods to stay away from, the world is your oyster! So if you’ve decided to give keto a try, are on the fence about it, or would never even think about it, give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!