Uncategorized

A True “Fishing Tale”

As a young fella, I was blessed to have the opportunity to go fishing whenever I pleased. Growing up on the shoreline of Lake Waubesa was a gift I don’t think I ever fully appreciated until we moved. However, during my years on the lake I caught many of fish right from our concrete seawall–most of them routine catch and release. What I can say for certain, however, is that on one specific day, there truly was a remarkable event that took place.

I had been fishing with a brand new lure, a Rapala blue-shad minnow. And if you know, you know, but fishing lures can be quite expensive. Anyways, not long after I began casting I felt something on the line, a largemouth bass. I set the hook, start bringing her in, and the boom–the line snaps. Not only did I lose the fish, but I lost my brand new *expensive* lure. Or so I thought. I think maybe 5 or so minutes had passed and as I was re-rigging my line something incredible happened. That big ol’ bass that stole my lure jumped up completely out of the surface, violently shook her head, and sent my lure flying right back at me on the shore. I got my lure back, and the bass saved a trip to the dentist.

5 Comments

• Jeffrey Wardon

I used to go fishing a lot with my grandfather, but I don’t think I have a story quite as humorous as this one. I think a blog about fishing is a great topic! I look forward to hearing more about your fishing tales and the like. Side note: I’ve been meaning to get back into fishing, but have never had the ability to. Thankfully, I think my grandfather has my old gear. So, I might just have to cast my line again sometime soon!

• Madison Sabel

Your “Fishing Tale” was very fascinating to read! A couple years back, I was nannying for a little boy who had a passion for fishing as well. While I was watching him one day, he caught this huge, amazing fish. He had me responsible for getting the net…I failed at my one job. The line ended up snapping and he was devistated. I’m not an expert on fishing, but found our “Fishing Tale’s” to be very similar!

• Alijah Peper

Thanks for shairing your fishing tail Joseph. Man, it must have been such a shock to see that bass spit your lure up onto the shore.I have some fishing tails of my own, but nothing quite out of the ordinary like that. If you have any more stories, I’d be happy to hear them.

• Emily

Hi! Great post- I like how personal the content was- it was very nice to read about your relationship with fishing! I have been fishing a few times myself and it found it to be very relaxing. I have to say, though, I enjoyed the scenery more than the actual fishing. That being said, I’d love to try it again someday!