About Me

My name is Emily, and I’m finally a senior at UW-Whitewater. I started out four years ago wanting to become a journalist; all I wanted to do was write for the rest of my life. But a lot changes in four years…currently I’m trying to figure out what to do with my life, and what direction I want to take as far as my career path.IMG_6251

But onto more interesting things about my life:

Along with being a student here at UW-W, I’m also an in-class tutor for the Developmental Education program, a writing tutor and office worker for the Academic Support Services, and I am the Advertising Manager for the Royal Purple newspaper.

It may sound like I’m super busy…and I am, but I still find time to travel as much as my bank account allows me to.

This past summer, I hiked my first 14,000 foot mountain in Colorado called Mount Elbert. I also went on my first camping trip where I almost fell down a rock hill, and was paranoid a bear was going to have me for dinner. For my birthday, my boyfriend and I took a spontaneous road trip across Colorado, Utah, and Arizona and hiked into Havasu Falls…one of the most famous waterfalls in America.

As you can see, I love the outdoors and I love adventure, and I’ve learned that ironically the older you get, and the more your responsibilities grow, the more time you need to make for yourself to see the world and live a little.

Published in: ||on January 25th, 2017 |No Comments »