Eric Halon’s complicated life, present and future

Michael Peterson

March 4, 2024

Interview Story

Halon decided to take on a finance major at UW-Whitewater. A good decision based on the university’s credibility in business. When asked how his major affected him in his everyday life, he responded with, ‘My major relates to a lot of things that I do in my everyday life. I invest in the stock market often. And knowing how to manage my funds that I spend in the market correlates to a lot of principles that are taught in finance. I must know how to cut losses or gains based off what the news provides.’ Halon’s knowledge of the stock market has made him profits. There’s been some losses, but he notes a lot more positives than negatives in his trading. 

Halon has been playing intramural volleyball throughout 2023-24. Playing it to stay active. However, he has no interest in including sports in his career in finance. Quote, ‘I like to keep sports and finance separate. Sports are just to keep me active and occupied, and I like working with money away from the sports world. Plus, playing sports can be therapeutic for me.’ Halon’s volleyball play has helped him stay level-headed. Which is especially important when you are a college student. 

Halon’s career plan is not 100% set, but he has interests for his career. From Halon, ‘For now, I’m just going with the flow. I do not have a set plan, but I have interests. I enjoy learning about real estate, and I am interested in investment advising. As of now, I have an internship lined up to hopefully give me a straighter path into my career.’ Halon’s career in real estate or investment planning would suit him perfectly. He is outgoing and enthusiastic about meeting people and is a very genuine person who shows he cares.  

Overall, Halon’s current life is in a state of controlled chaos, and with the career path he’s chosen, that lifestyle is perfect. From investing in the stock market, to playing intramural volleyball, even his future in real estate or investment advising, the sky is the limit for the young finance major. There is no doubt he has a bright future ahead of him. 

Posted

in

by

Tags:

Comments