My News Habits

Most of the time when I go and look for any news on my phone or my laptop, I would usually aim to read news on a state level. I would want to know what is going on in my home state. There are currently no stories that I am monitoring or searching for any updates on a specific story. There were times where I would search for any updates like the standings for the governor election or the updated number of Coronavirus cases in Illinois. The news website that covers any new stories in the County in which I live in is called the Northwest Herald. When I go to a news website on my phone, I would most likely head to the ABC7 Chicago news website or the NBC5 Chicago news website and the reason why I mainly would head over to these websites is if I hear any breaking news involving something that happened in Illinois or breaking news involving any of my favorite Chicago sports teams. As a person who is a big fan of the both NASCAR and the NFL, my favorite news website is both the FOX Sports and NBC Sports website. Both of their news websites are always organized as they go straight into the detail on what the article is about and quotes are usually put at the near end of the article. Whenever if I want to find any new updates on a specific news story when I open Google Chrome, I look for that specific news story using Google as the search engine. My two favorite ways to consume news are both reading the texts and watch news videos. Sometimes when I pull up a news story, it includes a video of that specific news story being discussed during the live broadcast and I would watch it before reading the texts. When I read the texts, I look and see if it has any additional information that the video does not state. I am a person that just reads a news story and does not leave any additional comments or my thoughts on the writer’s article. Sometimes when there is news involving one of my favorite sports teams, my friends would send me an image of the article on the website and I would either read the article entirely are just the title. I never read news articles on Facebook that is related to anything I like because when Facebook recommends me reading this article due to the app knowing what I like and I would never open it up as there were times when I know the article is fake. The article would have an image that shows a person and the image would be edited making that person show a mad or sad face and if it was unedited, it would be easy to tell that person in the image was making a straight face. I listen to one podcast called “New Heights” and I watch it every Wednesday with my mom. The hosts of “New Heights” are hosted by Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce and his younger brother Travis Kelce, who plays tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs. To make sure the article is accurate, I check the author’s grammar, quotes being put in the article, and if any other articles that the author puts in their article is cited properly. There was a time where a news article I randomly found was posted on a website that looked fishy and unrecognizable. I thought the news story on that website was fishy three days after it was published as many other accurate news websites did not report on this story. One day later, that story was published on other websites and it included more details and quotes to make the article more accurate.  

Posted

in

by

Tags:

Comments