Down Under Ping Pong Tournament

*On Wednesday, Oct. 18, the Warhawk Alley hosted a doubles ping pong tournament located in the University Center Down Under. This event held once a semester.

The Ping Pong tournament consisted of 12 teams with an overall total of 24 people.

These 12 teams duked it out for a chance to win amazing prizes.

Warhawk Alley member, Kelsey Hengst was the host of this exciting tournament that is held once a semester.

“This semester, our prizes for the Ping Pong Tournament in heavy-duty backpacks, Pepsi sponsored speakers, and Warhawk Alley t-shirts,” said Hengst. I enjoy hosting the ping pong tournament because I like seeing the comradery between teams.”

The Pepsi sponsored speakers is the grand prize for the champions of the ping pong tournament.

Hengst believes this tournament is perfect to host during this time of the semester, especially since it is midterm week.

“I think that other people enjoy this tournament because it is a good way to take a break from midterm week,” Hengst said.

The Bballers team members, Eli Titus and David Toraason gave their thoughts on the tournament.

“I think we have a good shot at winning this and I think we have some of the talent here,” said Titus. “I wanted to join the tournament when I first heard about it and I convinced David to join in the tournament with me.”

“I’m just hoping I get the ball over the net,” Toraason said.

The Bballers were able to walk away from the tournament finishing third place and each of them winning Warhawk Alley t-shirts.

Both Titus and Toraason hope to participate in the tournament again next semester if the Warhawk Alley decides to host it again next semester.

In the final round, it all came down between either Team 1 or Small Balls taking home the Pepsi sponsored speaker grand prize.

Small Balls members, Will Domine and Braxton Kirth would end up being crowned champions after beating Team 1 in four games.

Both Domine and Kirth were excited to win it all.

“It feels good,” said Kirth. “We didn’t practice a lot but we made it.”

Both Domine and Kirth plan to celebrate the victory by just simply going back to their dorm, doing homework, and get ready to prepare for upcoming midterm exams.

“Thank you so much to all the people that participated in the ping pong tournament,” said Hengst. “Have a good night and good luck on midterms.  

Posted

in

by

Tags:

Comments