Breaking the Mold

So… Joker… Yeah…

Im going to be busy this weekend so I wont have time to post and new ESO info hasn’t been release since the last post, so its time for a out of subject post. This post is breaking the ESO theme, I know that and am choosing to break the blog theme lock. Lets talk about Joker being released in Super Smash Brothers.

The other 3.0 version stuff being added is awesome and I’m glad they did add a video editing format and a stage builder. Joker on the other hand, scares me. Nintendo has a notorious habit of releasing new smash characters that are insanely over powered in past Smash games. Joker is looking to follow that trend. This character is crazy! This character has range, speed, status effects, decent recovery, and a counter. The gimmick scares me even more! When he counters he charges a gauge, that when full lets him transform into a super form. When in super form all of his moves damage outputs are amplified, he can deflect projectiles with his counter, his recovery is massively increased and is invincible while doing it, and his side special moves hit box is increased. Is he a cool character? Yes. Is he overpowered? Sadly, yes. Is every single Smash player gonna main him? At least 80% of players will, probably. Will I main him? I’ll try not to. With characters that have clear over powered kits, it becomes real easy to accidentally slip into playing that character non-stop, because people like winning. The more often you win the more confident you become, and the more likely you are to play the character again. It’s the same mentality of how casinos use small wins to hook gamblers into betting more.

Image result for joker smash

Joker is by far the most ambitious and stylish character added to Smash. He has more level of detail added to his kit and model than any other smash characters. Not to mention he has the most stylish final smash and victory screen. Joker is literally style “personified” as a human. That joke left a bitter taste in my mouth. Am I excited for Joker? Yes. If this is the base level of DLC characters that are going to be released for Smash Ultimate, then the next 4 characters are gonna be even more bat shit crazy.