Our Voices Our Town
  • Follow us:
  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Week 2 Video Assignment

The videos above are very educational videos surrounding the topic of transmedia. What is transmedia you might be asking? Transmedia is the interaction between different forms of media. An example of this would be using this blog site to share YouTube videos regarding the subject. The first two videos that are posted above are from Henry Jenkins. Jenkins has been working with technology and the media for over twenty years. His videos have helped me fully grasp the definition of transmedia storytelling and how it impacts our everyday lives. I recommend watching one of if not all three of these videos because of how well they teach the audience. These videos not only provide the definition of what transmedia storytelling is but also provide examples to give a deeper understanding of what it really is. Out of all of the videos posted, I like the third one the best. The examples this YouTuber provides are more suitable for the younger generation to help them learn as well. I strongly recommend giving these videos a watch, especially if you feel like learning about a new, important topic.