Try something new! Enjoy this easy-to-make homemade dressing filled with fresh herbs and spinach. This dressing provides nutritious healthy fats and can be enjoyed with various dishes. Perfect on top of a plate of mixed greens, used as a dip for grilled seasoned shrimp or chicken, or added to your veggie filled burrito bowl for a pop of flavor.
Serving Size: 1 fl oz | Yeild: 20 fl oz | Method: Blend
- 2.5 oz Baby spinach, fresh
- 1.5 oz Parsley
- 1.5 oz Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Tarragon
- 0.5 oz Sliced green onions
- 3 oz Avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Thoroughly wash all fruits and vegetables before cutting.
- Wash herbs, gently dry and pick leaves off the stems. Chop spinach and green onions. Squeeze lemon juice and set aside.
- Measure & combine all wet ingredients but keep oil separate.
- Remove seed and skin from avocado. Dice into small pieces but do not cut until ready to make dressing so avocado does not brown.
- Place spinach, parsley, cilantro, tarragon and green onion into blender with avocado. Add vinegar, lemon juice, and .’s of the cold water. Blend until smooth, vibrant green color appears, about 30 seconds. Slowly add oil to emulsify the dressing, and add additional remaining water as needed if dressing is too thick.
- Finish by adding salt and pepper to taste, and place in air tight container or mason jar.
Per serving: 30 calories | 20 calories from fat | 3 gm total fat | 0 gm saturated fat | 0 gm trans fat | 0 mg cholesterol | 30 mg sodium | <1 gm carbohydrate |0 gm fiber | 0 gm total sugar | 0 gm protein
– Elior North America