Valentine’s Day is upon us people! Whether you like this holiday or not, let me show you how to make this festive craft. This is perfect for your own use, or even better yet, to give to a loved one as a Valentine’s Day gift!

Necessities:

• Sharpies
  • Mug
  • Oven

Optional Materials:

• Paper
  • Pencil
  • Tape

Step 1:

I wanted to use a plain white mug so I would have a fresh base, and I bought my mugs at the Dollar Tree for $1! First things first, you’ll want to wash your mug of choice to make sure that there is no unwanted residue on there before you get decorating. Once dry, if you like your handwriting and trust yourself to freehand on the mug, go for it! Otherwise, you can print out whatever design/font you want to scale to fit on your mug. Fill in the entire back of the paper with a pencil, and tape that paper to your mug. If you outline this with a pen onto your mug, the pencil should ever so lightly transfer onto your mug! Yay! Then, go in with your sharpie and get decorating! The design is already there for you after all if you use the tracing method.

Personally, I wanted my own unique design so I first freehanded the words with pencil and then traced that over in sharpie. I then continued to add little hearts as decoration to the bottom of the mug until the whole bottom was covered!

I chose to do a couple different designs as well. I lined the top of one mug with the shape of a heart and the word you, and included three different hearts towards the bottom. The third design I did was simple, writing a heart and the word you three times around the center of the mug! I did this all freehanded again.

Step 2:

When finished, place your mug into the oven and set it to 350 degrees to set your design. Leave the mug in the oven for 30 minutes. I made my oven too hot and it caused the color to fade a bit, so be sure to not set your oven to over 350 degrees, unless you are purposely going for a faded look. Be extra cautious when you take this out of the oven, as it will be very hot!

Step 3:

Let the mugs cool for a couple hours and you’re done!

You can keep this cute craft for yourself, place it around your living space for decoration, or even better yet, give it to someone you love! This can be a great gift idea, especially if you fill it with candy or other goodies. Just keep crafting and happy Valentine’s day!