1. Tell us about yourself.

I am a senior studying Cell Biology and Physiology with a minor in allied health. I’m originally from Illinois, but my family now lives in Michigan so I live in Whitewater full time, and I love sarcasm. 

2. Tell us a little bit about your department. 

I am a part of the Entertainment Team in the University Center, so we bring the live entertainment that is hosted in the Down Under of the UC such as Karaoke, magicians, hypnotists, comedians and so much more! We also host the movies shown in Summer’s Auditorium each week. Overall we are a group of students that love to have fun and provide other students with fun activities to do on campus!

3. What are your goals for the future?

I would like to work in a lab analyzing data where I can constantly being doing something new and exposing myself to unique experiences!

4. Talk a little about your passions and what motivates you.

What motivates me is feeling a sense of accomplishment. Even if I need to work on homework through the night, or study for an exam the days leading up, feeling proud of the effort I put into something is the most rewarding!

5. What does an average workday look like working in the UC?

The average work day consist of me coming in between classes to work on promotional items handed out around campus, social media postings, communicating with artists or agencies about future performances, and communicating with other departments for collaborations in the UC! 

6. How do you balance school, work, extracurricular activities and social life?

I live for my planner! I make sure I write everything in for the month prior and color coordinate so I know what events and tasks are associated with what! 

7. What are some of your most memorable moments working in the UC?

Some of my most memorable times from working in the UC are as simple as being in the reservations office or entertainment office and having a conversation with my coworkers by enjoying their company!

8. Explain a little about the connections you have made working in the UC

During my three years in the UC, I have not only made more peer relationships, but also more professional relationships. The professional staff that work in the UC are always there to help and guide the students workers.

9. Five Favorites:

Favorite animal: Dog (easily)

Favorite color: Any shade of blue

Favorite beverage: Coffee

Favorite snack: Pretzels and hummus

Favorite holiday: Christmas

10. How will the position you have in the UC help you in your future career?          

Through my work in the UC I have developed more professional communication skills that I can use in any future job. I have also become more confident in my abilities as an employee that I will be able to demonstrate in any science field.