Rosie Sheets is the LTE(Limited Term Employee) in Roberta’s Art Gallery in the University Center.

What does an average day look like working in the UC? What are your day to day responsibilities?

I think one of the most interesting things about working in the UC is that there is no typical ‘day to day’. Each day comes with something new which could mean I could be preparing for a week filled with workshops, emailing artists, collaborating with other students and staff that work in the UC, it really just depends on the day!

What does being a UC employee mean to you?

Being a UC employee has been such a good learning experience for me. Working here both as a student and after graduation has been such a cool opportunity to serve the campus that has served me so well. To see all the hard work and dedication that each department in the UC puts towards making sure we are providing a welcoming and safe environment makes me appreciate it so much more. Knowing how much I used the UC while I was a student adds a level of responsibility I put on myself to make sure I am doing the best I can in my position.

What has been the most memorable/unusual day working in the UC? 

Summer on the Mall has probably been both the most memorable and unusual days I’ve had working in the UC. Between a dunk tank, limbo, and a kangaroo costume, the event never got boring! I’ve also met some of my closest friends working in the UC, so being able to hang out with them and enjoy the event is very memorable for me!

What is one piece of advice you can give to current UW-W students?

Get involved! I know this is such a stereotypical answer, but there are so many awesome opportunities on the UW-Whitewater campus for students to try new things, have new experiences, etc. I have never been one to take steps towards trying new things, but realizing that there are not a lot of opportunities in life where there are so many interesting people, clubs, and activities all in one place definitely has pushed me out of my comfort zone. It has been the times when I take a leap of faith that have been the most impactful on my life.

What is an accomplishment that you are most proud of?

I wouldn’t necessary call this an ‘accomplishment,’ but I have a pretty awesome husband that I’m pretty proud to be married to! Being married while in college has given us a lot of one-of-kind experiences that we would not have been able to do otherwise. He actually worked in the UC before I did, so without him I don’t know if I would have thought to apply here!

What is your favorite item in your office/desk? Is there a story behind it?

It’s not that exciting, but I would say my favorite item on my desk is my calendar. I never used to be someone who kept track of dates and such, but without writing everything on the calendar I would feel lost all the time!