1. What does an average day look like working in the UC? What are your day to day responsibilities?

Overall, I am responsible for all audio-visual equipment in the UC so every day is different. Most days I am providing tech support for events, repairing any issues the equipment in the building is having, or researching and preparing upgrades for UC room tech.

1. What does being a UC employee mean to you?

Being a UC employee means to me being a problem solver.  I frequently tell my Tech Crew students that I don’t hire them to be techs, I hire them to be problem solvers.  That, and customer service are paramount. Always strive for a yes.

1. What has been the most memorable/unusual day working in the UC?

Easily the 150th gala event was the most memorable event I have worked. It was a very different event from what we are used to and was very complex. It was ultimately nice to see all the planning and work come to fruition.

1. What is one piece of advice you can give to current UW-W students?

Make the most of your time here. UW-W has so many opportunities that many people are not aware of. Use this time to build your network. Without the connections I made during my time at UW-W, I wouldn’t be writing this blog right now!

1. What is an accomplishment that you are most proud of?

My final semester I was awarded both “Best Electronic Media Student” and the award for best Electronic Media Capstone Project, both of which I am incredibly proud of.

1. What is your favorite item in your office/desk? Is there a story behind it?

I have a lot of different trinkets in my office, usually surrounded by a clutter of parts and equipment. However one stand out piece would be my small toy walrus, Mr. Walrus, that sits perched upon my computer monitor.  I won him at my first Summer on the Mall as a new staff member.