Kim Adams is the Assistant Director of the University Center.

1. What does an average day look like working in the UC? What are your day to day responsibilities?

Every day is different for me.  My days usually include planned meetings, impromptu meetings, checking in with student employees, responding to many emails and phone calls, and writing/editing content for various projects and meetings.

1. What does being a UC employee mean to you?

It means to be a leader who is willing to be a co-learner with students, faculty and staff.  It also means modeling a positive, “can-do” attitude, a willingness to collaborate of various projects, and being able to help unveil possibilities.

1. What has been the most memorable/unusual day working in the UC?

I think the days leading up to the reopening of our newly renovated building in January 2008 will continue to be quite memorable for me.  It was literally and figuratively a rush to get everything ready to reopen for students and the public, as well as help plan a donors reception and grand reopening activities.

1. What is one piece of advice you can give to current UWW students?

Live our brand of “Getting U Connected!”  Take advantage of the opportunities that come your way as a UC student employee.  These experiences and your reflections of them will connect you with new amazing endeavors.

1. What is an accomplishment that you are most proud of?

I am pleased with the permanent artwork in the UC—including the installations in Old Main Lane.  Just as important, I am proud of the relationships I have had the opportunity to develop and nurture over my nearly 30 years of working in the UC.

1. What is your favorite item in your office/desk? Is there a story behind it?

I have so many different items coming in and out of my office on a regular basis.  Many of my favorite items are promotional pieces I have picked up at different conferences.  Additionally, I have many UC and campus historical items that come to my office.