Put your mug and microwave to good use and test out these fun and yummy mug meals!
2-Minute French Toast
-1 or 2 slices of bread, cubed (just fill your cup to overflowing a bit)
-1 Tbsp butter
-3 tbsp milk
-Drop of vanilla extract (optional)
- Melt the butter in the mug for a few seconds in the microwave. Swoosh it around to prevent sticking.
- Add the bread to the mug.
- In a separate bowl or cup, combine egg, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and allow the liquid to soak in the bread.
- Microwave for 1 minute and then add 10 seconds at a time until it’s cooked to the way you like. (no runny eggs).
Add syrup and enjoy!
-Cooking spray or olive oil
-1 Tbsp milk
-1 Tbsp of any shredded cheese
-1 Tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper (optional)
-1 teaspoon finely chopped chives or green onion greens (optional)
-Pinch of black pepper
- Spray the inside of a large, microwave-safe mug lightly with cooking oil spray, or coat the inside of the mug with olive oil.
- Crack the 2 eggs into the mug and add the milk. Then, beat with a fork.
- Add shredded cheese and other extras such as chopped red bell pepper or chives. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Microwave and stir in 20 to 30 second increments: Microwave for 30 second on high. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork.
- Return to the microwave and cook for another 20 to 30 seconds. (depends on the power of your microwave.)
- You’ll see patches of firm cooked egg mixture beginning to form. Remove and stir again.
- Return to the microwave and cook for another 20 to 30 seconds or until the omelette has set.
Macaroni and Cheese
-1/2 cup macaroni
-1/2 cup water
-pinch of salt
-splash of milk
-1/4 cup of shredded cheese of your choice
-pinch of pepper
- Stir macaroni, water, and a pinch of salt in microwave safe mug.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes
- Stir cooked macaroni
- Add a splash of milk, shredded cheese, and pinch of pepper to the macaroni
- Stir the mixture
- Microwave for 30 seconds
- Stir one more time
-1 tbsp butter, melted
-1 egg (lightly beaten)
-1 tbsp milk
-1 ripe banana (mashed)
-3 tbsp plain flour
-3 tbsp brown sugar
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 scoop of coffee ice cream to serve (optional)
- Put butter in mug and microwave until melted
- Add egg and milk in mug and lightly whisk with fork
- Add mashed banana into the mug and continue stirring until mixed
- Add dry ingredients into the mug and beat with fork
- Microwave for 1 minute
- The cake should be risen and slightly gooey middle. If still undercooked cooked in 10 second intervals
- Serve with ice cream (optional)
Chocolate Mug Brownie
2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons of your preference of either water, milk or chocolate
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a coffee mug, add milk/water, melted butter/oil, a dash of salt and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add cocoa powder, whisk well.
- Add sugar, whisk well
- Add flour, whisk well.
- Microwave for 60 seconds. The center should be slightly molten.