1. Tell us about yourself. (Name, Grade, major, why you chose UWW etc)
  • Natalia B. Hernández
  • Senior (starting fall)
  • International Studies/Public Diplomacy (Major)
  • Human Resources Management and Spanish (Minor)
  1. Tell us a little bit about your department. (Position, what they do, when did you start working in the UC)
  • I have been working as an administrative assistant for the University Center for about a year now. I like to think of my position as a the central office. I’m lucky enough to build relationships with all of the departments here at the UC. I do a lot of clerical work but I also do a lot with planning many of our events such as End of Semester Receptions, Summer on the Malls and Open House to name a few.
  1.  What are your goals for the Future?
  • I want to work as a research analyst at the pentagon specifically to work towards counterterrorism. I also want to own a large farm to grow multiple crops and have chickens. Lol
  1.  Talk a little about your passions and what motivates you.
  • Living a better life motivates me. I want to be able to live comfortably and be completely happy with my life. The only way I can get to that point is to continue to work towards my goal and remember that I have the power to shape who I want to be. Doing what makes me truly happy and seeing the people I love prosper alongside with me is what I am passionate about
  1.  What does an average workday look like working in the UC?
  • It’s hard to give an explanation on what the average workday looks like. There is never a day in the office that is the same.
  1.  How do you balance school, work, extracurricular activities and social life.
  • I am the president of Dream Scholars and Colleagues and Vice president for Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. The workload for those organizations, work, and school is very stressful at times. I always try and remember that school comes first. I get all of my homework done in between classes and I always stay a week ahead. I love how my supervisors at the UC are very understanding of students and their schedules. Once I get off work, I focus on my extracurriculars.
  1.  What are some of your most memorable moments working in the UC?
  • I do not have one memorable moment but I would definitely say the attending ACUI in New Orleans was amazing! I also enjoy all the conversations that my coworkers and I have in our office.
  1.  Explain little about the connections you have made working in the UC.
  • Working at the UC I have gained many connections within the departments. I also gained many connections through attending the ACUI conference.
  1.  Five Favorites:
  • Favorite movie: The Cat in the Hat
  • Favorite musical artist: Drake
  • Favorite location in Whitewater: Hyer Hall
  • Favorite food: Grilled Cheese
  • Favorite travel destination: Czech Republic
  1.  How will the position you have in the UC help you in your future career?
  • This position has kept me on my feet. I have learned to organize and multitask. This will help me in the future because I will have a great number of responsibilities that I will have to balance and organize. It has also taught me how to run effective meetings and follow through with tasks in order to complete a successful event.