Another Baseball Blog

Welcome Back!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Spring Break… I know I am.

Last week to recap we talked about my favorite vacations that were sports related. If I was playing a sport right now I think this would be one of the best vacations ever. This week though we are going to focus on the MLB. Since the season is now in full swing let’s look at the current standings and what to expect down the road.

In the AL East the Boston Red Sox sit in first with a record of 12-8. Behind the Red Sox we have…

1. Tampa Bay Rays
  2. Toronto Blue Jays
  3. Baltimore Orioles
  4. New York Yankees

Pretty crazy. I think I had the Yankees finishing first in this division and right now they are looking more like a circus.

In the AL Central we have the Kansas City Royals in first with a record of 10-7. Followed by…

1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Cleveland Indians
  3. Detroit Tigers
  4. Minnesota Twins

This division is a great one to watch. I used to think the teams were boring and the games as well but as of late they have been really great match ups. The White Sox almost had a perfect game the other night.

In the AL West the Oakland Athletics sit in first with a record of 12-7. Followed by…

1. Seattle Mariners
  2. Los Angeles Angels
  3. Texas Rangers
  4. Houston Astros

Oakland has been on an 11 game win streak after starting 1-7. Pretty nuts.

In the NL East the New York Mets surprisingly hold the best record with 7 wins 7 loses. Followed by…

1. Philadelphia Phillies
  2. Miami Marlins
  3. Atlanta Braves
  4. Washington Nationals

7-7 isn’t the greatest record as we’ve seen but hey they’re winning.

In the NL Central we have the Milwalkuee Brewers in first with a record of 11-7. Followed by…

1. Chicago Cubs
  2. Cincinnati Reds
  3. Pittsburgh Pirates
  4. St. Louis Cardinals

Not surprised the Brewers have been very consistent. The Cardinals dropping to last was a little shocking. I think we will see a little transition in a few months.

In the NL West we have the Los Angeles Dodgers in first with a record of 14-5. Followed by…

1. San Francisco Giants
  2. San Diego Padres
  3. Arizona Diamondbacks
  4. Colorado Rockies

The Dodgers are without a doubt the best team in the MLB and maybe the most dominant team we have seen in awhile. They no doubt will be back in the World Series this year but as of now I have no idea with who.

Overall the season has been looking good. The Dodgers v Padres game the other night was crazy. Felt like October baseball.

Let me know what you think. Who can beat the Dodgers?

4 thoughts on “Another Baseball Blog

1. These standing are quite surprising seeing the Yankees in last place is the most surprising part about it. They have such a good team I would even say a top 5 team in the league. They got to get there stuff together and figure it out as soon as possible. I think that the White Sox have the best chance to beat the Dodgers but the White Sox have to figure it out but they have plenty of time for that.

2. Good to see the Brewers at the top of their division. Hopefully they can stay there for the remainder of the long MLB Season

3. Honestly I do not think anyone could beat the dodgers in a playoff series. I think the Padres are the team that comes the closest and could maybe squeeze some games away from the Dodgers like they did the other night but does not really have a chance to win any series against them. Truthfully I hope someone can beat them as I do not want to see them repeat.

4. I’m not sure if you remember but on one of your first blog posts I talked about how the Royals were going to be decent. It’s early, but they still look like a well rounded team. I don’t think they are good enough to make the world series or anything like that but the future is bright. The pitching is a little questionable too, kind of like the Brewers sometimes. Speaking of the Brewers, I love to see them on top of that division. They are looking good, yet I am worried injuries might end up hurting them. Maybe it is good to get all of these injuries out of the way now? It is frustrating to watch the Brewers sometimes because I feel like they have a lot of potential but they just don’t put it together sometimes.