A Crisis of Leadership?

Posted on October 10th, 2013 in Perspectives on Leadership by John Jensen

Hello Leaders,

I came into the office this morning (by the way you should like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/uww.involvement), and did my normal routine for a Thursday. I sat down, at my lunch, grabbed my computer, and started perusing the internet looking for different perspectives and theories on leadership. I came across an article from Forbes called “A Crisis of Leadership” that was published today and it made me ponder the question “why do we talk about leadership?” I mean, we don’t talk about many other qualities of people, at least not at the intensity that we talk about leadership. Do we talk about leadership so much because we are striving for real leaders?

The article says that it is time for a leadership movement – focused on engagement, open dialogue, and candid discourse above all of the focus on personal gain. The writer’s main criticism of our world leaders is that they are so focused on getting an ego boost, always being right, and maintaining any level of power rather than doing what’s right. The author says that the main problem is that we have forgotten what leadership looks like.

Take a look at this article, comment on this blog post and tell me what you think! I think that this is plausible, I think that we are striving for more leaders, and in our world we are looking for REAL leaders.

Maybe that leader is you?

Until Next Time,
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” – Steve Jobs

Post a comment