Posted on February 12th, 2013 in Uncategorized by Jan Bilgen

In talking with Whitewater Student Government this weekend we asked this question of one another:
Which quote connects to you most?

“I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me… All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.”      ~ Jackie Robinson

“Respect is a two-way street, if you want to get it, you’ve got to give it.”   ~ R. G. Risch

“This world of ours… must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. “         ~ Dwight D Eisenhower

“If once you forfeit the confidence of your fellow-citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.”             ~ Bryant H. McGill

“Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners”   ~ Laurence Sterne
“If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.”
― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Insulted and Humiliated

What do you think??  Why does disrespectful behavior get in the way of leadership doing their good work?

Lots of thinking for a Tuesday!

Post a comment