Body Language

Posted on June 19th, 2012 in Tips and Secrets by John Jensen

I’m sure that most of you have at least heard of the concept of body language.  Body language is the true language of our subconscious mind.  We use our body to communicate feelings, sometimes more than we use words to do so.  Our body language often gets the better of us and communicates things that we would often prefer didn’t get shared.  Most successful individuals are masters of body language.  These leaders learn to manipulate their body to convey a certain message rather than the one they may actually be feeling.  Many politicians hire body language trainers to teach them how to look more competent and more put together.

Understanding our body language is imperative to building strong relationships and building leadership skills.  I am not going to attempt to give you a crash course in body language, as I am still learning many of the tricks to using effective body language!  But I will share with you a documentary that I found on YouTube several days ago that I found to be extremely helpful.  I understand it is a relatively long video, but I strongly encourage that you give it a watch!  There are tips for how to look more competent, how to use your voice more effectively, and how to make other people feel like you are a true leader.

Here is the video:

If there is ever a topic you would like me to write on please feel free to post a comment on one of the posts!

Until Next Time,

John Jensen

“What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 Responses to 'Body Language'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Body Language'.

1. Lamar said,

on December 19th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Thanks in favor of sharing such a nice thought, post
    is pleasant, thats why i have read it fully

2. on December 26th, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Secret Rice Jar Age suitability: 4+ You will need: a jam jar,
    rice, a cardboard tube and a birthday treat (chocolate or sweets work well).
    With realizing any idea, teachers and other child care centre staff should be wary of the age of the children in the playgroup
    to make it fun yet safe for all those involved. There are several games that kids
    can play and it is free. It’s actually the 15th and remaining amount in Minty Meadow section from the activity.
    Continue by gluing on her black eyes and yellow nose,
    then fill in her red bow and the clothing color of your choice.

Post a comment