Your Perspective!

Posted on June 8th, 2012 in Perspectives on Leadership by John Jensen

For this blog post I wanted to do something a bit different.  I want to get your perspective on leadership.  I have supplied a couple of quotes that I found to be interesting from famous people/leaders throughout history.  In the comment section we would like you to tell us which quote you believe explains leadership the best.  I look forward to reading your responses!

“The task of leadership is not to put greatness into people, but to elicit it, for the greatness is there already.”
 John Buchan

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” 
Harold R. McAlindon

“Leadership is series of behaviors, rather than a role for heros.”  Margaret Wheatley

“Leadership: the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” 
Dwight D. Eisenhower

“ A genuine leaders is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of contentious.”  Martin Luther King, Jr

“Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing.”
 Albert Schweitzer

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” 
John Quincy Adams

Please share this page with your friends, and post your thoughts, I look forward to reading your responses!  I will share my interpretation of all of these quotes for Tuesday’s blog!

Until next time,
John Jensen

“I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: which is: Try to please everybody.” Herbert B. Swope

One Response to 'Your Perspective!'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Your Perspective!'.

1. Cassie Steiner said,

on June 8th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I think that out of the quotes you have provided the John Quincy Adams quote best depicts my view of leadership. I believe that being a great leader means putting others first and helping them become more than they ever imagined they could be. In effect, by helping others become leaders, you are a leader.

Another leadership quote that I love (eventhough it’s not provided here) is by Gandhi. “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles, but today it means getting along with people.”

Post a comment