Nicole Golden’s Leadership View

Posted on February 6th, 2012 in Perspectives on Leadership,Uncategorized by Jan Bilgen

We asked Nicole Golden, senior at UW-Whitewater, member of Sigma Sigma Sigma, National Sorority and Pan-Hellenic Council President to look into our definition of leadership and give us her view.

Once again we define leadership as…

“Leadership is an influence relationship among leaders and followers who intend real changes that reflect their mutual purposes”  —Joseph C. Rost

Nicole’s response-

I believe that this specific definition of leadership is extremely true, in my opinion based on the word relationship. I fell to be a true leader you need to have a relationship with the people that you are working with wither they we the other leaders or those who are following in your movement. If you do not establish a bond of friendship or understanding with others that you are working with, then how can they ever actually take you seriously. In my position as Panhellenic Council President, it is EXTREMELY important to me that I have a close bond with the women that are members of the Greek Community, but all Greeks as a whole. When you demonstrate that you truly care about what they believe in, but also respect the differences between all, that is when you are truly a leader. I would not have been in the past roles that I have played and where I am today, if I did not feel that all Greek Women matter, it does not matter the letters that they wear, but what they do in those letters is what defines us as Greek Women. I am honored to be the President of the Panhellenic Council and represent all the truly amazing and diverse women that are a part of the Greek Community.

Post a comment