Volunteer Experience

I’ve always had a passion for helping others in-need. I began volunteering in high school and continue to do my part as a civil samaritan in my community for those less fortunate. From furry friends to those fighting breast cancer and poverty, I have been able to host several fundraising events for non-profit organizations that hold a very special place in my heart.

Feed My Starving Children (FMSC)

Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit organization where volunteers can pack meals that would be delivered to countries all over the world where hunger is at its worst.

I began my journey with FMSC in 2016 to fulfill a volunteering project for my high school economics course. My initial experience was uplifting and nothing short of inspiring. I was stunned to find out how horrible poverty is in countries such as Haiti, Peru and Uganda. To this day, I often return to the local FMSC packing site to prepare and pack food.

Orphans of the Storm

Orphans of the Storm is a local animal shelter dedicated to finding neglected or abused dogs and cats a forever home. I grew up in a household of dogs—so one could say I have a soft spot for pets of all types.

I frequently volunteered at events hosted by Orphans of the Storm during my senior year of high school. I attended pet adoption events where volunteers would be asked to care for cats and dogs and encourage and educate attendees to adopt. Throughout this volunteering experience, I’ve learned to value the importance of adopting and I hope to adopt a pup in the future and give him/her a happy home.

Breast Cancer Research Fundraiser

In 2010, my great aunt Jean died of breast cancer. Although I was young when she passed away, I do remember how selfless she was.

I’m truly inspired by my aunt and the thousands of other women fighting breast cancer, which motivated me to raise money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. In 2013, I hosted a fundraising event in my home where I displayed handcrafted jewelry including rings, earrings, necklaces and bracelets made by myself, my mom and grandma.

I raised a total of $1,000 in sales, which was all donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Orphans of the Storm Fundraiser

In 2018, I hosted my second fundraiser—this time for Orphans of the Storm. Instead of jewelry, I handmade dog and cat treats and toys.

After collecting some of the tastiest treat recipes on Pinterest, I began putting together a delicious spread of pet treats. When it came to crafting the toys, I cut up old t-shirts into strips and braided them together. My first furry customer was my dog, Stella. She gave the treats and and toys a 10/10.

At the end of the day, I had raised just shy of $500.