Jewels and Marks

I founded Jewels and Marks in 2017 out of my love for crafting jewelry and reading. Growing up, my mom was an avid scrapbooker and jewelry craftswoman. I would sit next to her in awe as I watched her transform a boring piece of blue paper into an ocean’s wave or turn a metal wire into a stunning pendant. I’ve always admired my mom’s artistic abilities to turn something so ordinary into a breathtaking end-product.

I followed in my mom’s footsteps once I saved up for supplies and began scrapbooking and jewelry-making. I loved wearing my creations to school and posting photos of them to Instagram. I began receiving many inquiries about where my jewelry was from, and that’s when the idea popped into my head to create my own jewelry company.

But, I couldn’t make it just any ordinary jewelry business. That’s when I started making homemade bookmarks and realized what a unique combination of goods my business could be—one-of-a-kind jewelry and beautiful bookmarks! With that, Jewels and Marks was born.

As soon as I turned 18 in July of 2018, I officially opened shop on Etsy, so my customers could order jewelry pieces and bookmarks in an easy and efficient way. From promoting my products on various social media platforms, to pricing, to writing original product descriptions, I’m a thriving one-woman business.

Since beginning my own Jewels and Marks, I’ve gained an abundance of skills that will be of much use to me in future careers. Through this experience, I’ve learned how to be resilient, take risks, stay motivated and keep a creative mind.

To view my Etsy store, click here.