Meme Presentations

I feel that our meme presentation went very well. We had several great things that went into the presentation. The first being the meme it’s self. We chose the Roll Safe meme because we felt it was one that was easy to replicate and the narrative of the meme wasn’t too complicated and was easy to explain. I personally make multiple meme’s a day and post them on my meme page so this project was especially fun for me. I have personally used the Roll Safe meme many times and probably will many more in the future. It was fun to dive into the research behind what makes a meme spread and why they reach and connect with such a giant audience. Twitter is one thing that really elevates the spread of memes. Retweeting and sharing are so instrumental to the growth of a meme. Platforms that don’t include this feature are at a disadvantage to ones that do. Instagram for instance doesn’t have a sharing feature. Because of this it is not an ideal outlet for meme pages. Twitter on the other hand has pages for only one meme format and through retweets these pages can explode very quickly. The pages on Instagram have to be varied and constantly posting different material.