Field Recording Experience

My experience with the production of the feature story was mainly smooth. I ran into some hiccups exporting the video interview, but everything else went as planned. During pre-production, I outlined everything that needed to be done, along with some ideas for attacking it. Production, and post-production were nearly seamless. Although I wish I gathered more interviews, I was content with the ones I had, as everyone shared a different relationship with music.

I learned a lot from different peoples’ perspectives in this story, those heavily influenced by music, and the modern consumer. Although they all have a different relationship with music, I discovered that the medium of playback is preferably Internet streaming applications. I was surprised to discover that although vinyl is the preferred method of listening to music, the preference based on convenience is holistically streaming sites.

To record the interviews, I used my phone. The video and audio quality were excellent, and worked well as a portable recording device. The quality rivals other expensive forms of equipment, and underlines just how easy it has become to record and stream information with simply a phone. All in all, I found the production and post-production process to be effective, and it worked out very well.