Mental Health and Development

Mental Health and Development

“Our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. Mental health affects how we think, feel, act, handle stress, relate to others, and make choices”

Achieving mental wellness

Our days are tightly scheduled, always cutting less time out of personal time. Forgoing our mental wellness. Feeling drained before the day starts. Stress, grief, depression; All start building up. Luckily, here are reminders and tips to ensure we are minding our emotional wellness.

Developing mental wellness

1. SLEEP! It decreases stress and improves cognitive alertness and memory.
  2. Eat healthy, balanced meals. Nutrition influences stress levels positively or negatively.
  3. Be active. Improves physical strength while combating stress.
  4. Interact. We are humans; interactions stimulates the brain and improves memory.
  5. Develop new skills and hobbies. Leaning new things keeps the brain active and healthy.
  6. Mental workouts. Not like Jedi mind strength of lifting a rock, but playing mind challenging games involving memory, decision making, and strategizing, prevents dementia.
  7. Acts of kindness. Focusing on others needs increases emotional attitude.
  8. Learn stress management. Shift mind set. Create goals and check them off. See problems as opportunities. Focus on the positive.
  9. Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs.
  10. Laughter. It keeps the doctor away by activating the brains reward and pleasure centers.

7 thoughts on “Mental Health and Development”

• I defiantly agree that all of these tips improve your mental health. I have been doing a lot of these lately and I feel so much better and happier.

• This is such a heart warming post. My favorite thing you included was Acts of Kindness. It is the little things we can do that turn into big things.
    It made me laugh that Sleep was #1 even though that is not really an option for college students haha

• I love the list! Sadly, there are so many things to keep track of on a daily basis that we often forget about our mental wellness. Some of these things feel like they would be no-brainers but I know I often forget or don’t focus on some things that I should be. One thing that I really started to work on this year is stress management!

• Thanks for this wonderful informations. This is such a big help! I have a problem in sleeping and this really affects my daily activities. Thanks to these gummies which I bought from https://goldbee.com/cbd-gummies/. I am now very productive, which really helps me think well. We really need to take good care of our mental health.

• Coping with stress and pressure has always been a tough one for me. I would always find myself turning to point number 9 HAHA… But I don’t really drink so much anymore. Smokes, yes.

But I do find that the pressures of not having enough time in the day to get things done make me turn to alternative solutions. Like using study pills to keep me more focused and productive.