Welcome to Fall 2012 Semester from WCSWE!
Mark your calendars! The WCSWE semi-annual conference is scheduled for 10/18/12 (1:00 P.M.) – 10/19/12 (12:00 P.M.) at the Chula Vista Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. A block of rooms has been reserved at the $70.00 a night state rate. We especially welcome new faculty, adjuncts, and Doctoral students for an informative and productive conference.
***NEW FACULTY MEMBERS & SOCIAL WORK DOCTORAL STUDENTS – As a onetime special we are inviting new faculty hires and doctoral students to attend their 1st WCSWE Conference for FREE!
The October agenda includes:
- Critical Thinking in the classroom and field
- Effective approaches with the non-traditional student
- Sharing of course syllabi that align with the current EPAS
- Updates from NASW and the WI Department of Safety & Professional Services
WCSWE is an organization of WI social work educators representing all accredited social work programs across the state. It is one of the most active and well known state level social work education groups across the country and is a nice combination of seasoned nationally renowned faculty, junior faculty, and clinical academic staff. This dynamic group welcomes new members and guarantees a friendly experience with positive collegiality!
The major advantages of participating in WCSWE are:
- useful information for teaching, writing, and scholarly research
- updated information about state and national trends in social work education
- be part of an active process for advocacy in a variety of areas
- become energized and a better informed educator
- opportunities to present research, educational strategies, & new programmatic initiatives
- opportunity to connect your students with their first professional conference during the Spring semester, which has been a great experience for both BSW and MSW students
- the friendly environment where you will have a chance to develop relationships with social work educators across Wisconsin
- the opportunity to confer and network with faculty and staff from all WI social work programs on a variety of issues in an informal setting, which can culminate into amazing opportunities
- the dissemination of current information from NASW and the WI Department of Safety & Professional Services (formerly the WI Department of Professional Regulation), which is great for classroom content and discussion
- the convenient in-state location
- affordable at only $50 for the entire conference, which includes a continental breakfast on Friday & beverages and snacks on Thursday
- enjoy a couple days of some R & R in the middle of the semester in a spacious hotel room in a major resort at an affordable cost
Hope to see you there!
- The Wisconsin Council on Social Work Education Executive Committee
Mike Wallace, President, UW-Whitewater
Jeanne Wagner, Treasurer, UW-Milwaukee
Jennifer Borup, Secretary, UW-River Falls
Leslie Jaber-Wilson, Marian University
Sandy Kohn, UW-Madison
Audrey Conn, UW-Madison
Mike Wallace (For all postings and inquiries)
Jeanne Wagner (For Field Consortium Information)
Leslie Jaber-Wilson (For information on student participation)