And we are back to the grind Warhawks. Break is over and its time to get back to reality. School is back in session and its time to get back into our regular routine but with a few modifications to start your semester off strong. Below are a few tips to help with getting back into the swing of things, starting the semester strong and keeping a positive atmosphere for your mental, physical, and emotional well-being.
- Train your brain. Think of your brain as just another muscle in your body. The more you exercise your brain, the stronger and healthier you will feel.
- Know what resources are available on campus. Campus recourses are here to support and help you to. For example, if you are looking for after or during college jobs, Career and Leadership Development is here to help. Or if you need help relaxing, the UHCS has a relaxation room to help students practice relaxation skills to help their overall wellbeing.
- Try and balance school, work and social life. Make time for yourself, your work and your schooling. After syllabus week, look over the syllabus schedule to see how much time and dedication each class you are taking needs, schedule your work with what works best for how much time you want to work and how much time you can work (Find a happy medium) and make sure you schedule time for yourself or for time with your friends.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is very important and you want to make sure that you are getting enough sleep before the semester even starts so you are able to wake up and start each day fresh.
- Eat right and healthy to maintain a positive mindset. By eating healthy you will feel better about yourself and have a more positive attitude.
Each of these tips can help students like you and me feel better about the semester ahead of us. We will be able to have a positive outlook on what’s coming for us ahead. We can live a stress-free semester by remembering and embracing these useful tips. Work hard this coming semester Warhawks and remember that with a positive atmosphere and by taking care of yourself, anything is possible!
Start Strong, Finish Stronger