And we are back to the grind Warhawks. Break is over and its time to get back to reality. School is back in session and its time to get back into our regular routine but with a few modifications to start your semester off strong. …
Looking for some motivation and reasons to help you quit smoking or vaping? This blog contains a variety of reasons why individuals like yourself should put the cigarettes out and throw the JUUL in the junk! Many individuals use vaping products such JUUL, dab-pen, pods, E-cigarettes and more because they believe it is safer and healthier than actual cigarettes. However, those products contain both nicotine or THC with chemicals which can do the exact same amount of harm or far worse to your body and lungs. Every November is national Lung cancer awareness month and this November, I am encouraging and helping students and individuals who need that little push to get all the nicotine products out of their life for good. Below, you will find some interesting facts from John Hopkins Medicine article about the ugly truth regarding vaping and smoking.
- Vaping is still bad for your health- its primary agent is nicotine that is used in both regular cigarettes and e-cigarettes. It is very addictive and can cause a huge withdrawal.
- Vaping has unknown chemicals in it- E-cigarettes heat the nicotine and the flavoring to create the vapor you inhale. Regular tobacco cigarettes have around 7,000 chemicals, which many of are highly toxic, so who knows how many are in e-cigarettes.
- Electronic Cigarettes Are Just as Addictive as Traditional Ones. Both the e-cigarettes and regular cigarettes contain nicotine, which researchers are gathering and suggest that it may be as addictive as heroin and cocaine usage. Many e-cigarette users get even more nicotine than they would from a tobacco product because you can buy extra-strength cartridges that have a higher concentration of nicotine. In addition, users can increase the e-cigarette’s voltage to get a greater hit of the substance cause them to have a higher intake of nicotine.
- Smoking leads to a higher risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer. If you are looking to quit cigarettes, don’t use any vaping products to stop the usage. It will only make things harder, more addictive and cause more health problems.
- A New Generation Is Getting Hooked on Nicotine at such a young age. Among youth, e-cigarettes are more popular than any traditional tobacco product. E-cigarette use among high school students had increased by 900%, and 40% of young e-cigarette users had never smoked regular tobacco. There are three possible reasons why e-cigarettes may be particularly enticing to young people. The first, many teens believe that vaping is less harmful than smoking. Second, e-cigarettes have a lower per-use cost than traditional cigarettes. And third, vape cartridges are often formulated with flavorings that appeal to younger users.
Everyone has some sort of addiction, this one just happens to be more serious. Vaping and smoking can cause serious health problems because the users don’t know exactly what they are putting into their body. It may look fun and cool to vape especially if you are around people who do it. This November, I encourage and challenge all of you to take a stance and reduce your smoking intake to help make an impactful decision of never lighting up or “takin a hit” again! Your lungs and health will thank you one day!