As this week approaches, it only takes a concluded Thanksgiving dinner and one look at Christmas decorations at the mall while black Friday shopping to get excited for the holidays. As much as we like to let ourselves get caught up in the midst of…
Mary Marren made her first vlog (video blog) which is a step by step video of how to make a healthy apple pie. Check it out below, this is a blog you won’t want to miss!
School is finally done for the semester and winter break is here. No more exams to worry about, no more studying to do, and no more classes to attend. You may be starting to feel a peaceful wave sweep over your mind and begin to kick back your feet and let the holiday treats roll in…or you may be like me and start to feel the constant worry that you are forgetting to do something. This happens to me every single semester when classes finish up. After constantly go-go-going for so long, it can be a hard transition to just stop. Well I have just what you (maybe) need!
I put together a little list of suggestions and activities for you to do to stay productive over break, so if you’re someone needing some tips, here you go!
- Work Out. Even though it is technically winter break, that doesn’t mean a thing to your body. It is so easy to slip out of your work out routine and slip into a daily cookie routine. Make sure to stay motivated over break and you can come back to school feeling strong and proud!
- Family. Family is extremely important in life. Take this time to spend with your family. Bake cookies with your mom, play xbox with your little brother, whatever it is…make sure they know you care.
- Read. Have any good books that you’ve had no time to read lately? This is your chance to catch up! Nothing says Holiday break like snuggling up to a fireplace with a cup of tea and a good book in hand!
- Work. Winter break is the best time to work and make some money! We poor college students are always looking for some extra cash, and now that school is out it is the perfect time to work all day.
- Research. Okay I’m feeling nerdy so I thought I would throw this one in. Take the time you have over break to research and apply for potential internships. Everyone could use a good internship, and with some proper research you may land yourself one!
- Old Mates. Call up some of your old buddies from high school (if you’re still friends) and hang out. Now that everyone is home for the holidays it is the perfect time to relieve your glory days of high school.
- Goal List. If you are thinking that all of my suggestions are lame, make your own list. Write yourself a list and make a promise to yourself to achieve everything on it before heading back to school. Not only will you feel productive, but also you’ll feel proud!
I hope this gives you some ideas of things to do over break!
Stay Healthy, Stay Strong,