As we all know the holidays are approaching which means it is not a great time to start dieting. There are ways to be smart about it though and one of the main ways is to not expect that you will lose weight during the …
Summertime is finally here! Although a few of your summer plans may have changed due to the current state of the world, there are still plenty of ways you can make this summer great. In order to not only stay healthy, but also happy try following the tips below.
Tips for staying happy and healthy this summer:
○ It is always important to stay hydrated throughout the entire day. However, staying hydrated in the summer is extra important. This is due to the fact that drinking water helps the body replenish the fluids lost when sweating. Because it is hotter during the summer time your body sweats more, meaning you must intake more fluids. Do you know the 8×8 rule? This is an easy way to remember how many ounces of water you should be drinking; eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Click HERE to read more about how water intake affects energy levels, weight, and overall health.
● Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
○ You should always be eating your daily serving of fruits and vegetables. But, what better time than the summer to start maintaining a healthy diet. Nowadays most fruits and vegetables are available all-year round, but eating foods while there in season extracts benefits for you! Not only that, but fruits and veggies sure do taste a lot better when they’re in season! So, go get those mangos, tomatoes, strawberries, peaches, plums, cucumbers, and more.
● Protect your skin
○ Although you may want to impress your friends with a great tan, protecting your skin is far more important. There are many benefits to wearing sunscreen year round. However, wearing it when the sun is the strongest (aka the summer) is of the utmost importance. Wearing sunscreen can prevent fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, sunburn, and health issues such as cancer. Whether you have a darker skin tone or a lighter skin tone, these issues can be found in those of any age, gender, and skin type. So, remember to apply this every single day! You will not regret it. For more information click HERE.
● Move more, sit less
○ We all know it is important to stay active year round. Going to the gym can start to get repetitive throughout the fall, winter, and spring. So, instead of working out at the gym, stay active outdoors. Go for a run outside, ride a bike, go hiking, Exercising can be as easy as choosing to take the stairs over the elevator. Remember, exercise to feel happy and healthy in your own skin rather than to meet society’s “body standards.”
● Stay informed
○ With everything going on in the world remember to stay informed. There may be new regulations, standards, and norms regarding public health daily. Always make sure you are up to date on these policies so that you are able to maintain not only your own health, but prevent putting others at risk as well. I don’t know about you, but summer is my favorite time of the year. Embrace the warm weather and break from school as much as you can!
Do not get discouraged.