Finally, school is over and summer is right around the corner Warhawks! Now that we have less prioritizes on our plate, we are able to have a nice, relaxing, fun and safe summer. Summer always goes by so fast that it is hard to remember everything you did. Memories are trying to be made before we go back to school in the fall, so why not try and remember all the good memories before we have to get back to business? When trying to think of how to remember everything that has happened to you this summer, there are many options for you to choose from. Continue reading
How many times have you been told that it is important to “expand your horizons?” How many times have you rolled your eyes after hearing that cliché? Probably a lot. Well, as silly as it may sound, it’s actually pretty important. I recently read a quote that said “Ships are safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” While staying safely tucked inside of our comfort zone is certainly an easy option, you have to know that you are made for more than that. Venturing out and experiencing what was once unknown to you opens up so many doors and allows for more growth than you ever could imagine. Still don’t believe me? Here is my list of the Top 5 Reasons to Get out of your Comfort Zone!
- The experience: I think we can all agree that reading out of a textbook is the least interesting experience we could possibly have. Now imagine that instead of reading about a subject, you are out there experiencing it for yourself! Isn’t that 1,000 times better?! I definitely think so.
- Strength: Here at Warhawk Fitness, we are all about strength! But that strength doesn’t always have to be built in your muscles. Building your emotional and mental strength is just as, if not more important than building your physical strength. Next time you think to yourself that it would be much easier to do what you’re comfortable with, try to imagine your strength fading.
- You’ll Stand Out: What if you knew that doing the thing you’re afraid to do could separate you from the other candidate applying for the same job? Would you consider doing it then? People with unique experiences listed on their résumé tend to catch the attention of potential employers. The more you are able to stand out, the more marketable you will be! It’s a simple fact of life.
- Face your fears: Most of the time, we aren’t trying something new because we are afraid of it. I am definitely guilty of doing this. But is that any way to live life? If we let our fears control us, we will never see what is out there. If this is what’s stopping you, remember that you are stronger than your fears. They can only scare you until you overcome them.
- Gain confidence: Imagine doing that one thing you never thought you could do. Can you believe how proud you are? You did it! That one thing that scared you silly and forced you to stay in your safety bubble for so long actually turned out to be okay! Now picture doing anything else. The point is that you can picture it because now you can see yourself doing anything! You are more than capable, and stepping out of your comfort zone reminds you of this!
The next time an opportunity presents itself, and your first reaction is to pass it up, remember this list. Remember whichever reason stood out the most to you and run with it! Don’t limit yourself by standing still. Instead, get out of here!
|Stay motivated and don’t give up. Amazing things will happen|