Hello and Farewell Blog

Hello Warhawks! 

I wanted to dedicate my last blog to saying hello and also farewell, and giving any advice I have gained over the last four years. I joined the Public Relations Team just a short couple of months ago at the beginning of this semester but I have enjoyed every minute of it! I have been able to share some insight on healthy lifestyle changes I’ve made that have helped me in the past. Such as mental health tips and meal prep tips, and I have learned a lot from my coworkers. Through working with Warhawk Fitness in a variety of aspects, I have learned a lot about the culture of the campus. We are a family that looks after each other, it is holding each other accountable, and having fun will doing so. It is working on becoming the best version of yourself and pushing others to do the same and that’s not something you can find on each campus you go to. I have enjoyed my time here at Whitewater but I am excited for what the future has in store, even if I don’t know what that is yet. I believe we all end up where we are meant to be, and we’ll always end up on our feet!

A little bit more about me though since I haven’t had the chance to share that with you yet. I am a senior graduating in just a couple of weeks with a double major and double certificate. General Management and Communication with an emphasis on Corporate and Health, and Diverse Leadership Certificate and Women’s Studies, respectively. I have held a couple of jobs and internships while here at UWW. Working for the PR team, and the Student Athletic Complex as a Student Administrative Assistant. An intern program with SPARK and the Janesville Community Center. I also held board positions of the on campus organization, Communicating Health in Practice, as Secretary my junior year and Co-President with another PR team member, Emma O’Connor, this last year. I’ve also been blessed enough to experience two travel studies, one to Costa Rica and one to Greece. In my free time I enjoy hiking and getting out on the water to go fishing!

When it comes to advice for anyone that reads this, and I’m going to try to not be too cliche. Life is going to happen whether we want it to or not and it’s all how we adapt to the situations thrown at us. So I think the biggest thing is to work on what you can control and not what you cannot. I know it’s easier said than done but if you just focus on what you can control everything else will work itself out. Stay strong, Warhawks!

#ShareYourStory

Nicole Rainey