It’s Getting Steamy Up in Here

What is up my Warhawks? It’s your favorite Fitness Supervisor Harv back again to share some more knowledge with my loyal readers. This blog is a little late in my opinion, but I didn’t unlock the true potential of the topic I’m writing about today until this past week. Hawks…. I can’t stress this enough this is going to be life-changing. I know what you’re all thinking, “Harv! Get on with it” well I won’t stall any longer. This holiday season my loving mother and father, sup mom and dad I know you read these, gifted me with a pressure cooker. This thing is like a crock pot steroids, antler velvet, and every other human growth hormone combined. You can cook just about anything in this bad boy in under 30 minutes. I have made countless recipes over this semester in this one-stop shop of a pot.

But Harv… how does it work?

I had no clue, but fear not fitness homies I used the mighty power of the internet search engine! Thanks to my friends at Kitchn.com I could get a good idea of how these function. The device cooks your food with steam. The pot raises the boiling point to 250 degrees which allows your food to cook faster. The high pressure in the pot forces moisture into the food you’re cooking which makes it juicy and allows the cooking process to speed up. Another awesome feature of the pressure cooker is the browning of meat that takes place inside it. You’d think that it would be super soggy because of all the liquid, but not in the pressure cooker.

What can you make in it?

Just about anything you set your mind to, my personal favorite is straight up boiled chicken. Boiling chicken is one of the healthiest ways to cook the protein because you avoid unnecessary fats that come with other methods of cooking chicken. Lay that chicken on a bed of rice (also made in your pressure cooker) and BOOM you’ve got yourself a meal! The best part, in my opinion, is you can place frozen meat in your pressure cooker and it will come of piping hot and fully cooked in just 10-20 minutes. This is ideal for college students who don’t have a tone of time for dinner, want something quick, or those who always forget to defrost their meat like me. With that being said, there are a ridiculous number of recipes all over the internet that have some absolutely tasty concoctions! Don’t be afraid to try new things and get a little adventurous with your healthy food!

Stay Hungry Hawks!

Ryan Harvot

Sources: https://www.thekitchn.com/a-primer-on-pressure-cooking-193715