Ensure Your Breakfast Everyday
We often hear breakfast is the most important meal of the day; where is the reasoning? According to John Ivy, PhD, in his article, Why Breakfast is the most important meal of the Day, “breakfast is a critical meal because it influences practically every dimension of our being during the course of the day.” He goes on to list its influences; it increases blood glucose levels back to normal after sleeping overnight, it impacts the pattern of food consumptions for the duration of the day, it can increase physical and mental performances, as well as other benefits… Ok, so we can agree it is pretty vital to our day. But what happens on the days that you wake up late, or you don’t have time to cook? In the past you might have skipped breakfast or grabbed something processed; not anymore, because you are taken care of.
To ensure you start your day off right, you need a strategy. Whether you need to prepare ahead of time, or need something extra quick, your breakfast planning can start here.
Crockpot Bake from Familyfreshmeals.com
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 lbs of hash browns
- 1 lb of cut up bacon or your choice of meat
- ½ cup of diced onions
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Beat together the eggs
- Add milk, garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper to the egg mixture. Set mixture aside.
- Layer hash browns adding pepper and onions on each layer.
- Add bacon overtop hash brown layer.
- Top the layers with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until you have 2-3 layers.
- Pour egg mixture over the layers.
- If your hash browns were frozen cook on low for 7-8 hours, otherwise cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Quick Morning Breakfasts
Avocado Toast from foodnetwork.com
- One 8oz. ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 sliced of whole grained bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or unsalted butter
- Optional: crushed red pepper flakes
- Mash avocado with fork in small bowl and season with salt and pepper. (Less salt the better)
- Toast bread and rub garlic on toast for additional flavor.
- Lightly brush toast with oil.
- Add the avocado mixture, and top with red pepper flakes if desired.
Week Preparation Breakfasts
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins from allrecipes.com
- ½ lb. of your choice of meat
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Cook meat in large skillet until evenly browned. Drain, and set aside.
- Beat together eggs, then add in onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix in the meat and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups until about 1/3 full.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
*** You can then store muffins in freezer and heat them up for breakfast each morning.
***For Over-night Oat recipes go to Quakeroats.com
*** For smoothie recipes go to Readersdigest.com
***For additions breakfast muffin recipes go to Myrecipes.com
Keywords: Healthy, Breakfast, Plan
Thank you for reading and remember to eat!
…Until next time… Carry on.