Note to Self

I recently found a picture with a quote on Pinterest and it made me stop and think about what it was truly saying.  Take a minute and read it to yourself below.

note to self

After I read it, I broke it down and really evaluated each aspect from it.  I wanted to share my thoughts and ideas with all of you.  I realized how important it is to really love yourself and treat your life with a healthy mentality.

Treat yourself the way you would treat a small child. If you think about it, you treat a baby with the best affection, nutrition, love and safety that you can give.  As we grow up we lose that mentality.  Yes, we are older and do not need as much care as a child does, but we should still be treating our bodies better.  You are always protecting a baby’s skin.  This includes the soap and lotion you use, and always applying sunscreen.  Are you keeping up with that?

Feed yourself healthy food. This is pretty self-explanatory.  You feed your pets the best food, why wouldn’t you feed yourself with the best nutrition.

Make sure you spend time outside. Another one we grow out of.  It is so important to spend time outside and inhale in some of that fresh air.  There is so much to do outside, even if it is doing your homework.  Take an hour each day and enjoy the beautiful weather mother nature has provided you.

Put yourself to bed early. As a college student I can understand this can be difficult.  Learn to manage your time better so it allows you to get into bed at an earlier time.  It is so important for your health to get the right amount of sleep each night.  We all know what a good night’s rest feels like, give yourself more of those.

Let yourself take Naps. Yet another thing we grow out of after kindergarten and one we all wish we could do more of.  Stop feeling guilty for giving yourself a nap here and there.  At times its truly needed and can turn your entire day around.  You take that nap and don’t feel bad about it for one second, most likely you deserved it.

Don’t say mean things to yourself. Positive self image is so important.  When you learn to love yourself, others will love you even more.  Every person out there has something amazing about them and when you realize what that is so many more doors will open and so many more lights will start shining.  Stop degrading yourself and start loving yourself.  No one can love you before you learn to lover yourself.  You are beautiful.

Don’t put yourself in Danger. I know being in your 20’s it’s all about taking risks, but let’s start taking the right risks.  For example, apply for the internship that is against the best competition or stand up for yourself or someone else.  Put yourself in good situations and in positive environments.  It’s not cool anymore to be putting yourself in dangerous situations, but let’s be honest was it ever really cool?

“Your skull and your heart are still as fragile as eggshells.”

Love yourself and treat yourself the best way you know how too.

I hope you learn. I hope you laugh. I hope you never stop. And remember being fit is always in style.

-Karlee Fowler