Days are busier, time gets shorter, and alarm goes off earlier

morningsSchool has started and like the title says, your weekly planner is jammed packed, you have zero time for yourself, and your days seem to be getting shorter and shorter.  That is why I am here to tell you to get that workout done and out of the way in the early A.M or even get yourself off to a good and healthy start for the day.  Everyone knows starting your day with a good workout gives you a day’s well of energy and now you have no excuse to say, “You have no time to get in a workout.” We all know also once we get through our morning the rest of the day isn’t so bad.

1. Pop, lock and drop that lemon into your water.

Drinking a warm glass of lemon water in the early morning is the perfect way to wake your body up, it’s the first thing I do right when I wake up.  The lemon helps your digestive system get into kick start and is ready for your breakfast.  I know your go to is usually that cup of joe but that coffee is dehydrating your body, while water first will hydrate it.

1. Stretch the sleepiness right out of you.

Wake your muscles up but giving them a good stretch.  Here are some easy beginner stretches that I just started doing! Some also do yoga routines to wake them up in a more calming matter. This surprisingly wakes your body up and can even be considered as a morning workout to get you up and going.

1. Don’t hit the snooze button.

To me hitting the snooze button and sleeping two or five minutes only makes me more tired and I regret it in the end.  Get up and take advantage of the time you do have.  We all know we hate hitting the snooze button, then running late then we get stressed and then our entire day is ruined.  Use your extra time to do those stretches, go on a quick run or even take some personal time for yourself.

4. Crank the tunes.

Put on some up lifting toons to get your mood going in the positive direction and have it wake you up!  Doing this you are setting yourself up for success.  Even putting some motivational toons on will motivate you to get a quick workout in the morning!

5. Meditate

This is one thing that I want to try, but haven’t yet!  I’ve heard if you really focus it can put your mind in the right place.  It makes you have a fresh start to every day! I’ve read that there is no right way or wrong way to do this.  It says whatever you feel most comfortable with and whatever works for yourself you should do!

6. Wash your face, brush your teeth, and smile.

Again, washing your face in the morning is a great way to feel fresh and start your day off to a new start!  It may be an obvious to brush your teeth every morning, but really what feels better than fresh minty breath!  Smile at yourself in the mirror and remind yourself how beautiful and perfect you are in the morning.  What could be a better start then those three?

7. Start off with a good breakfast.

Eating a piece of fruit, or toast with peanut butter can start your entire day off.  Your parents weren’t lying to you when they said, “make sure you eat breakfast every morning.”  Your body has had no calories in it while you were sleeping and if you don’t eat in tell lunch it will go into starvation mode.  This meaning your food and calories won’t digest or burn like it usually would.

I hope you learn. I hope you laugh. I hope you never stop. And remember being fit is always in style.

-Karlee Fowler