Welcome Professor Louis Fucilla

lf

Dr. Louis Fucilla has recently been hired as an Assistant Professor and will be teaching for the Department of Political Science. Dr. Fucilla graduated from Willamette University with a BA in Politics, the University of Oregon with an MPA, and Indiana University-Bloomington with a PhD in Public Policy.

Hobbies:  My hobbies include cooking, going to the local farmer’s market, volunteering, rooting for the Geelong Cats in Australian Rules Football and now trying to find the best beer, cheese and fish fry in Wisconsin!

Research:  Overall, I study citizens’ attitudes towards government including what factors shape those assessments and how those attitudes affect the people and organizations that implement and administer public policy.

Personal Life:  My father and his extended family are from Racine, WI. As a native Californian, my first memory of snow comes from visiting my grandparents in the winter. I’ve had many family members go to or earn their degrees from UW-Whitewater including my dad who went here for a year before finishing at Madison. He said one of the best teachers he ever had in college was from the Department of Political Science.