Front of building - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Business School - Wisconsin, USA

The CoBE Report

Financial Aid - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Undergraduate Programs - Wisconsin, USA

Apply for
Financial Aid

financial aid

Apply Now - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Online BBA - Wisconsin, USA

Apply Now!

admissions

Meet Your Faculty-Dan Herlache

Lecturer
Department: Marketing

Where are you originally from?

I grew up in Sturgeon Bay, WI. I went to school at UW-W, and have lived in various cities throughout the State of Wisconsin. Currently we live in DeForest, just outside of Madison.

At what point did you decide you wanted to be a professor?

I was a manager for Federated Insurance and recruited on campuses.  I got involved with AMA and coaching sales students at UW-W.  I realized how much I loved teaching.  I went back to school and received my MBA. There was an opening in the Marketing Department, I applied and was hired.  I was retired from Federated Insurance to come teach full-time.

What do you enjoy most about teaching at UWW?

The students make it worthwhile.  It is a joy working with these young people, helping them to prepare for their future.

What are your hobbies outside of teaching?

My wife and I like to garden, cook, and camp.  I also enjoy hunting, fishing and photography.

What is an interesting fact about yourself? 

My wife and I raise varieties of hot peppers and make homemade Tabasco Sauce, and chili powder.  Our powder is being used by a gentleman who competes in barbeques in Texas.

What advice can you give to students about their college career?

Get involved, work, join organizations, do internships related to your field of interest.  As a former recruiter I always looked for students who had more than just a good GPA.  Joining an org. staying with it, and attaining a leadership position in that org, is always impressive.  Work experience in your field of interest is also very attractive to most employers.   Oh, and don’t forget to have fun while you are at it.

Fast facts:
Favorite restaurant: Emeril’s Delmonico in Las Vegas
Least favorite subject in school: Music
Favorite vacation spot:  Italy
Early bird or night owl? Both, early bird on weekdays, night owl on weekends.
One thing you cannot live without: People.
Favorite quote: “You will get all you what you want in life, if you help enough other people to get what they want.” Zig Ziglar

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

Location

Hyland Hall
809 W. Starin Road
Whitewater, WI 53190

Connect With Us

• UWW CoBE on Facebook - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Business School - Wisconsin, USA
  • @UWWCoBE on Twitter - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Business School - Wisconsin, USA
  • LinkedIn
  • CoBE News - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Online MBA - Wisconsin, USA
  • Videos from CoBE on YouTube - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Online BBA - Wisconsin, USA