Front of building - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Business School - Wisconsin, USA

The CoBE Report

Financial Aid - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Undergraduate Programs - Wisconsin, USA

Apply for
Financial Aid

financial aid

Apply Now - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Online BBA - Wisconsin, USA

Apply Now!

admissions

Legal and Financial Considerations of a New Business

Monday, March 14th the University of Wisconsin Law Society and the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization sponsored a lecture entitled “Legal & Financial Considerations of a New Business.” The guest speaker, Michael C. Foltz, has been featured in BusinessWeek, Financial Advisor Magazine, and Commerce Clearinghouse House Wealth Management.

Mr. Foltz is a member of the Illinois State Bar, The Illinois CPA Society, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the Financial Planning Association.
Mr. Foltz spoke to the approximately 25 students who attended the lecture. He discussed how to start a new business from a legal and financial aspect. Other topics covered were as follows:

• Estate Planning
  • Personal Asset Protection
  • Buying and Selling Agreements
  • Real Estate Taxes

Mr. Foltz interjected real life experiences to help students understand how much work is actually needed to begin and run a successful company.

Michael C. Foltz is employed by Balasa Dinverno Foltz, LLC. A private wealth management firm located in Chicago, IL.
For more information regarding Mr. Foltz, visit here.

This entry was posted in Inside Hyland Hall. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Legal and Financial Considerations of a New Business

1. Michael Wild says:

Who needs estate planning?

In a word: EVERYONE. Whether you are a parent, a property owner, or a professional, you need to protect your family and assets. We recognize that the decisions we make together as they pertain to the handling of your estate will affect you and your family during your lifetime and for generations to come.

2. of course like your web-site however you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the reality nevertheless I will definitely come back again.

3. Gale Reesor says:

You completed several fine points there. I did a search on the subject matter and found a good number of folks will agree with your blog.

4. Our team thought you were too timid

5. Cesar Dieken says:

I have recently started a site, the info you offer on this web site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. “Everyone is responsible and no one is to blame.” by Will Schutz.

6. Thank you for producing the powerful, dependable, educational and as well as easy tips about your topic.

7. Great article, tnx for posting it!!!
    domain to look http://blah-blah.com

8. I blog quite often and I really thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest. I will take a note of your website and keep checking for new details about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

9. dog fence says:

May I simply say what a relief to uncover someone who genuinely knows what they’re discussing online. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people have to check this out and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you’re not more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

10. This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me. Thanks!

11. However I was hoping that if gamma radiation iis acceptable then pproton prostate cancer treatment ought to also be acceptable yet less harmful to bordering tissue.

12. May I simply just say what a relief to discover an individual who truly knows what they’re discussing on the web. You certainly realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More and more people should look at this and understand this side of the story. It’s surprising you’re not more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

13. Just want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

14. aquaparc says:

May I simply just say what a relief to uncover somebody who genuinely understands what they are talking about on the internet. You certainly understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More and more people should read this and understand this side of your story. I was surprised that you’re not more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

15. Free Porn says:

Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept talking about this. I’ll send this article to him. Pretty sure he’s going to have a great read. Thanks for sharing!

16. special info says:

It’s really a cool and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.|

17. Im impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog thats both equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, youve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which too few people are speaking intelligently about. Im very happy I came across this in my search for something regarding this.

Location

Hyland Hall
809 W. Starin Road
Whitewater, WI 53190

Connect With Us

• UWW CoBE on Facebook - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Business School - Wisconsin, USA
  • @UWWCoBE on Twitter - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Business School - Wisconsin, USA
  • LinkedIn
  • CoBE News - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Online MBA - Wisconsin, USA
  • Videos from CoBE on YouTube - University of Wisconsin - Whitewater | Online BBA - Wisconsin, USA