This week’s Purple Point info:
1. You can charge Purple Point deposits to your student bill until 3:00 pm, Friday October 11th! They don’t get added instantly to your Purple Point account like credit card deposits do but it is a way for you to keep many/most of your UW-W expenses combined in one place on one bill.
2. Remember, you can use your Purple Points off-campus at Rocky Rococo’s Pizza, 1210 W. Main Street. 262-473-2105.
3. A shout out this week for Warhawk Alley in the UC! They accept Purple Points for bowling, bowling shoes and billiards. Yes, UW-W has its own on-campus bowling & billiards center, a great place to meet up with friends!
4. You should/could register with our “Online HawkCard Office.”
- First time users: click “I’m new here” in the Sign In box on the top right.
- Enter your Student ID number and email address. Carefully spell your email account. If it’s misspelled, you won’t receive the temporary email. A temporary password will be immediately emailed to you.
- Login to the web site with your student id number and temp password. You can now change your password for this web site.
d. You can allow family and friends guest access, based on their email account, which they can use to make deposits to your Purple Points. Click “grant additional access” in the “personalize” toolbar on the right. Up to 10 guest accounts are allowed.
e. See how much and where you spent your Purple Points (and/or dining dollars), 1) online at the Online HawkCard Office, 2) on the free smart phone app, or 3) stop in the HawkCard Office, UC 250 and ask for a report. The info may help your budgeting of Purple Points and dining dollars. Our office won’t release this information to anyone else without your written permission.
This week’s Meal Plan/Dining Dollar info:
1. To get the most value from your meal plan (if you have one), we recommend that you use your “meals per week” first, then use your Dining Dollars for additional snacks, weekend meals (if you have run out for the week), etc. Save your Purple Points for Bookstore purchases, Warhawk Alley, UC Info Services, Ticket Service, laundry, vending, and other on-campus and off-campus uses.
2. Remember to use your Dining Dollars for on-campus food purchases, instead of cash, checks or credit/debit cards.
a. Using your Dining Dollars will SAVE 15% on your food purchases at Esker Hall, Prairie Street Market in Esker, Drumlin Hall, and Erbert & Gerbert’s in Drumlin.
b. Using your Dining Dollars will SAVE 10% in the UC, CA, Laurentide Hall, Hyland Hall, and Library restaurants.
c. AND you save the 5.5% sales tax when you use Dining Dollars or Purple Points on-campus
d. AND you’ll get through the checkout MUCH faster.
3. Saturday, October 12th, is Family Fest at UW-W. Check the First Year Experience (FYE) Family Fest web site for complete details. You WILL be able to use your meal plan or Dining Dollars at the picnic in the Kachel Field house from 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM. Sorry, you can’t use a “guest meal” at the picnic. Stop in the First Year Experience Office, UC 245, if you have questions.
4. Have you had the breakfast buffet yet at the Ike Schaffer Commons in the UC? It’s very good and very popular! Use your fixed meal plan, dining dollars, Purple Points, cash, check or credit card to pay for it. Hours are Mon-Fri, 7:00-10:00 AM.
Please contact us any time you have questions, concerns or comments about your HawkCard, meal plan or Purple Points.
That’s all for this week.
David J. Halbach, Assistant Director James R. Connor University Center