The 2019 Wisconsin State Fair will be held this year from August 1-11. State Fair Park is in West Allis. There are so many awesome things to see and do at the State Fair but we are going to provide you with the best guide for experiencing the Wisconsin State Fair.
- The first thing to do at the State Fair is to try a cream puff. This is a Wisconsin State Fair classic. You can go to the Original Cream Puff Bakery and watch them make the cream puffs from scratch and try a few yourself! They are sold in packs of 1, 3, or 6.
- The next big thing is entertainment. There are over 30 stages in State Fair Park. Throughout the weeks, there are always different people from singers and magicians to comedians performing for free. There is also a State Fair Main Stage that has headliners performing each night. You can purchase tickets through this link.
- A relaxing way to enjoy the Wisconsin State Fair is by taking a ride on the “sky glider.” This is a ski lift style ride that carries you over the entire park and it doesn’t cost us college kids a lot of money. It’s only $5 for a ride over the park.
- There are so many great food options at the fair but something that every visitor must try is food on a stick. The fair has everything from candy apples to chicken and a waffle on a stick. If you browse the different food stands, you will be sure to find something that will satisfy your hunger.
- A large part of the fair is the animals. You won’t want to miss out on the chance to walk through the different barns and pet the animals. A tip to keep in mind is that the animals are not the same throughout the entire 11-day fair. So if you have a favorite animal you are hoping to see, make sure you check this scheduleto know when they will be there!
- Everyone loves dogs right? Check out the details to see the dog diving shows. These pups love to put on a show and are always friendly and excited to meet you! Make sure to check out other fun shows such as pig races and many other youth exhibitions.
- If you’re looking to spend a little time inside, head over to the exhibition center. At the center you can walk around in the nice air conditioning and look at the “Young People’s Art Exhibit.” This exhibit highlights the talents of the young people of Wisconsin and gives them a chance to showcase their artwork.
- What is a fair without rides? While rides are not for everyone, the rides at the State Fair are some of the best. There are so many options at the State Fair. You can also ride the WonderFair Wheel, which is North America’s largest traveling Ferris wheel. You can ride the Giant Slide. This is a 200 ft slide that has been an icon for the State Fair for over 50 years. You can also head over to Spin City which has a large variety of rides for all ages.
No matter what you choose to do at the Wisconsin State Fair, you are sure to have blast! Grab a group of friends and head to the park for a day full of food and fun! We’d love for you to share your favorite part of the Wisconsin State Fair with us! Comment below to tell us about your fun experiences!