- What does an average day look like working in the UC? What are your day to day responsibilities?
Overall, I am responsible for all audio-visual equipment in the UC so every day is different. Most days I am providing tech support for events, repairing any issues the equipment in the building is having, or researching and preparing upgrades for UC room tech.
- What does being a UC employee mean to you?
Being a UC employee means to me being a problem solver. I frequently tell my Tech Crew students that I don’t hire them to be techs, I hire them to be problem solvers. That, and customer service are paramount. Always strive for a yes.
- What has been the most memorable/unusual day working in the UC?
Easily the 150th gala event was the most memorable event I have worked. It was a very different event from what we are used to and was very complex. It was ultimately nice to see all the planning and work come to fruition.
- What is one piece of advice you can give to current UW-W students?
Make the most of your time here. UW-W has so many opportunities that many people are not aware of. Use this time to build your network. Without the connections I made during my time at UW-W, I wouldn’t be writing this blog right now!
- What is an accomplishment that you are most proud of?
My final semester I was awarded both “Best Electronic Media Student” and the award for best Electronic Media Capstone Project, both of which I am incredibly proud of.
- What is your favorite item in your office/desk? Is there a story behind it?
I have a lot of different trinkets in my office, usually surrounded by a clutter of parts and equipment. However one stand out piece would be my small toy walrus, Mr. Walrus, that sits perched upon my computer monitor. I won him at my first Summer on the Mall as a new staff member.